Our latest Supplier Spotlight features American Biltrite, Inc. We had the pleasure of chatting with Tessa Trott, Marketing Coordinator at American Biltrite, to discuss our partnership (which began more than 25 years ago!).
How did you find out about IDCO?
Our relationship with IDCO goes way back. To our knowledge, we were approached by one of the founding members, and the rest is history!
What products and services are American Biltrite best known for?
For more than 100 years, we’ve set the industry standard with a relentless drive to develop new products and custom formulations for every conceivable application. We offer a full line of premium quality sheet rubber covering all major elastomers in various gauges, widths, and sizes, along with options like fabric reinforcement. We have a large inventory of in-stock products that are ready to ship on the same or the next business day from ten locations across North America. American Biltrite offers one of the widest selections of specialty products in the market, specifically formulated for unique applications, including:
- DURASHIELD® Premium natural rubber for tear and abrasion resistance.
- GUARD-RITETM Engineered rubber linings for the mining industry.
- TRANSEAL® Premium nitrile for transformer gaskets.
- ATLAS BEARING PADSTM AASHTO grade bearing pads for construction of highway, railroad, or pedestrian bridges.
- S. MILITARY SPECIFICATION GRADE Specifically designed to meet the rigorous requirements of the U.S. Military.
- BLAST® Self-healing natural rubber for ballistics.
- NFS/ANSI 61 CERTIFIED EPDM Suitable for use in potable water applications.
- FDA & DAIRY 3A COMPLIANT Full range of products specifically formulated for safety when used in food applications. FDA products are available in Nitrile, EPDM, Neoprene, and Natural Rubber.
What do you like most about partnering with IDCO?
Though there are many benefits, we most like the fact that IDCO members buy their materials based on an IDCO-1st vendor belief, which means that they show unwavering support!
How do you utilize IDCO’s website?
The IDCO website is a great resource that keeps us informed about upcoming events (like the annual IDCO Expo in Houston).
What are your goals in 2019?
Our 2019 strategy is to continue to use our creativity and rubber industry knowledge to produce the best marketing tools to support our distributors. This approach will help us to gain market share through the development of sharp brochures, eye-catching videos, and informative product bulletins, to name but a few of our current projects.
Do you have any advice for suppliers considering partnering with IDCO?
We’ve enjoyed more than 25 years of sales success with IDCO due to their loyal members and approachable board. We look forward to continuing our partnership. You will, too.
What’s the ONE thing you want members of IDCO to know about American Biltrite?
The American Biltrite difference is our first-rate quality, paired with a sales and service team that redefines customer satisfaction year after year. As rubber pioneers, we use our knowledge and experience to develop high-quality products and offer exceptional customer service.